You'll never hungry on Koh Samui that's for sure! Delicious Thai food from the international 5-star kitchen in these days the island has something for everyone. No matter where you are and what food you like anywhere on Koh Samui. The choice of restaurants, bars, stalls, bakeries and restaurants on site is huge.
Head to Chaweng beach for its high concentration of internationally acclaimed restaurants of Chaweng beach, or for high quality affordable Lamai Thai food is the best solution. And eat a wide variety of what, Samui offers an unlimited choice of where to eat. Fancy dinner under the stars on a beach in the moonlight? Or it may be in a restaurant with a fantastic view of the hill? Samui has all this and much more ...
Start with local Thai food, then the difference, try Royal Thai cuisine. If you are not a food from your country here before, you're somewhere on the island of Koh Samui. The island has a wide selection of restaurants, bars, bakeries, pasta shops and restaurants on site. It can also be food on the beach, thoughtfully provided by local suppliers. Sophistication of the supply air-conditioning on the beach.
Thai cuisine concentrates in flavored trim. So be prepared ingredients step by step through the components and combined into one dish meal. Thai cuisine is synonymous with bold and intense flavors.
Thai cuisine, as a whole is very diverse and offers many different ingredients and methods of food preparation. Thai cuisine is known for its enthusiastic use of fresh (not dried) herbs and spices. The most common herbs include coriander, lemongrass, Thai basil and mint. Some other common Thai dishes of ginger, galangal, tamarind, turmeric, garlic, soy-beans, spring onions, white and black pepper, kaffir lime and chilies come naturally.
Ingredients of Thai Cuisine
The active ingredient in almost all Thai dishes and every region of the country is to find Nam Pla, very aromatic and strong tasting fish sauce. Fish sauce is a staple in Thai cuisine and offers a unique on Thai food.
Thai dishes with a variety of herbs, spices and leaves rarely found in the West, such as kaffir limeleaves (Bai Makrut). The distinctive flavor of kaffir lime leaves appear in nearly every Thai soup (e.g., the hot and sour Tom yam) or curry from central and southern regions of Thailand. Thai Lime (Manaus) is smaller, darker and sweeter kaffir lime, which saw a rough skin with a stronger taste of lime.
Thai side dishes recommend
- Chuchi Pla Kaphong - snapper in chuchi curry sauce (thick red curry sauce)
- Ho Mok Pla - a paté of fish, spices, coconut milk and egg, steamed in a banana leaf cup and topped with thick coconut cream before serving.
- Kai Phat Khing - chicken stir-fried with sliced ginger.
- Kaeng Khiao Wan - called "green curry" in English, it is a coconut curry made with fresh green chillies and flavoured with Thai basil, and chicken or fish meatballs. This dish can be one of the spiciest of Thai curries.
- Kaeng Phanaeng - a mild creamy coconut curry with beef (Phanaeng nuea), chicken, or pork. It includes some roasted dried spices similar to Kaeng matsaman.
- Kaeng Phet (lit. 'spicy curry') - also known as red curryin English, it is a coconut curry made with copious amounts of dried red chillies in the curry paste.
- Kaeng Som (Thai: แกงส้ม) - a hot and sour soup/curry usually eaten together with rice
- Kai Phat Met Mamuang Himmaphan - The Thai Chineseversion of the Sechuan style chicken with cashew nuts known as Kung Pao chicken, fried with whole dried chilies.
- Miang Kham - dried shrimp and other ingredients wrapped in cha plu leaves; often eaten as a snack or a starter.
- Phak Bung Fai Daeng - stir fried morning-glory with yellow bean paste.
- Yam Pla Duk Fu - crispy fried catfish with a spicy, sweet-and-sour, green mango salad.
- Phat Khana Mu Krop - khana (gailan) stir fried with crispy pork.
- Phat Kraphao - beef, pork, prawns or chicken stir fried with Thai holy basil, chillies and garlic; for instance kai phat kraphao (Thai: ไก่ผัดกะเพรา), with minced chicken.
- Phat Phak Ruam - stir fried combination of vegetables depending on availability and preference.
- Phat Phrik - usually beef stir fried with chilli, called Nuea phat phrik (Thai: เนื้อผัดพริก).
- Pla Nueng Manao - steamed fish with a spicy lime juice dressing.
- Pla Sam Rot - literally "Three flavours fish": deep fried fish with a sweet, tangy and spicy tamarind sauce.
- Pu Cha - a mixture of cooked crab meat, pork, garlic and pepper, deep fried inside the crab shells and served with a simple spicy sauce, such as Sri Rachaa sauce, sweet-hot garlic sauce,
- Thot Man - deep fried fishcake made from knifefish (Thot Man Pla Krai, Thai: ทอดมันปลากราย) or shrimp (Thot Man Kung, Thai: ทอดมันกุ้ง).
- Tom Chuet Wun Sen or Kaeng Chuet Wunsen - a clear soup with vegetables and wunsen (cellophane noodles made from mung bean).
- Tom Kha Kai - hot spicy soup with coconut milk, galangal and chicken.
- Tom Yam - hot & sour soup with meat. With shrimp it is called Tom Yam Goong or Tom Yam Kung (Thai: ต้มยำกุ้ง), with seafood (typically shrimp, squid, fish) Tom yam thale (Thai: ต้มยำทะเล), with chicken Tom yam kai (Thai: ต้มยำไก่).
- Yam - general name for any type of sour salad, such as those made with glass noodles (Yam Wunsen, Thai: ยำวุ้นเส้น), with seafood (Yam Thale, Thai: ยำทะเล), or grilled beef (Yam nuea Thai: ยำเนื้อ). The dressing of a "Yam" will normally consist of shallots, fish sauce, tomato, lime juice, sugar, chilies and Thai celery (khuenchai, Thai: ขึ้นฉ่าย) or coriander.
Thai verbal may use for choose as ingredients to order your dishes.
Beef (nuea, Thai: เนื้อ), Chicken (kai, Thai: ไก่),
Pork (mu, Thai: หมู), Duck (pet, Thai: เป็ด),
Tofu (taohu, Thai: เต้าหู้) Seafood (thale, Thai: ทะเล).
Recommend Restaurant for dining in Koh Samui
|Leelavadee - Bandara Resort and Spa
The perfect spot for a romantic dinner or a family feast. Choose from a wide range of Thai, Western and seafood dishes, with cucculent favourites like the delicious New Zealand mussels with garlic butter or the mouth-watering chickeen satay to start.
|Sala Restaurant - Sala Samui Resort & Spa
The restaurant has a unique combination of style and taste, with the coolest basement of Koh Samui. Enjoy delicious international and Thai dishes in a romantic, candlelit tables on the beach and restaurants by the pool under the stars.
|Lanna Restaurant - Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa
Facing the lively Chaweng road, come alive at night with our dazzling selection fresh seafood and a detectable selection of Western and Thai specials. Serenade life with our live band and traditional Thai dance.
|Chef Chom's - The Tongsai Bay
Located on the terrace overlooking the bay and tropical gardens, Chom chef serves delicious Thai cuisine "traditional way". The restaurant takes its name from the kitchen Chom, who has worked here for over 20 years. During his illustrious career, which began in the kitchen of the palace of Princess Vibhavadi Rangsit, a member of the royal family in Bangkok, trained more than 500 chefs. One of the most important events of his career, has acted as an associate with British TV chef Keith Floyd, when he made his now famous series "Floyd away in Thailand." It is now happily retired in Bangkok, but keeps in touch with us to date - no new blood will never be done here without his consent!
|The Z Restaurant - ShaSa Resort & Residences
The Z's glorious panoramic sea view, under Koh Samui blue sky, moderrn-designed. The word 'Thai Cusine' is very gruesome. It is definely a big word. It is a massive variety of dishes representing the achievement from hundreeds of year in culturee and tradition, a lifetime. It would take in orderr to be a Thai Cuisine specialist. How can a single meal be able to show just a slant glimpsee of it?
|Beach Republic Ocean Club & Spa Restaurant - Beach Republic
Catch the Ocean Breeze is through the pool. Sip away the afternoon and evening, cocktails, champagne and fine wines. Mellow grooves to the environment easy. Dine underr stars and enjoy delicious international tapas dishes of Mediterranean cuisine. Koh Samui premier beach destination has arrived. New Republic was born. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day to pasture.